Fishing Trip FAQ’s & Information
The Angry Pelican’s fishing charters depart daily from Blue Water Point Marina on the west end of beautiful Oak Island, North Carolina.
All gear, Ice, Bait, and Tackle are included in rates.
A deposit is required to book your trip. For weather related postponements, we will make every effort to reschedule your trip, or refund your deposit in full.
Do I need a fishing license?
- No, charter fishing trip is covered by a blanket license.
Do we accept Credit Cards?
- Not on site, but we do accept payment via Paypal.
What should I bring aboard?
- Please bring whatever you would like to eat and drink, along with any medications you may need, please let us know of any medical problems prior to departure. To maximize your fishing space, we provide coolers for your food and drinks. You will need Zip Lock freezer bags and a cooler to take your catch home at the end of the trip. You should also bring along a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and rain gear if it is suggested during the booking of the charter.
- The night before a trip, some anglers choose to take an over-the-counter motion sickness medication. Some people prefer to use the patch behind the ear, and others prefer to use wristbands. This is your trip and we want you to have a great experience…if you wish, we can end the day early and return to the dock at any time.
What happens to my deposit money if I have to cancel, or we can’t go because of poor weather conditions?
- We attempt to call everyone that has a reservation whenever it looks like the trip will be canceled due to weather. If you haven’t heard from us, please feel free to send us an email or call a day or two ahead so that we can confirm that everything is on go. Please keep in mind that If we haven’t contacted you, we are going to ready to fish! Deposit money is non-refundable unless we can re-book your trip with another party for the same time slot. If the captain cancels your trip due to weather or sea conditions, your deposit will be refunded in full.
Please contact Capt. Mark with any questions or to book your Oak Island charter fishing trip today!
Call or text 910-742-0296 or email us at email@example.com.