Fishing Trip FAQ’s & Information
The Angry Pelican departs daily from Southport North Carolina.
All gear, Ice, Bait, and Tackle are included in rates.
A deposit is required to book your trip. For weather related postponements, we will make every effort to reschedule your trip, or refund your deposit in full.
Can we be picked up directly from Bald Head Island?
- Yes, we will pick your group up at the dock in front of the Marina Office. There is a $20.00 surcharge for this service due to the additional dock fee on BHI.
Do I need a fishing license?
- No, charter fishing trip is covered by a blanket license.
Do we accept Credit Cards?
- Not directly…we gladly accept Cash or payment via PayPal. Please note when paying the remaining balance with a credit card via PayPal, there will be an additional 3% fee.
What should I bring aboard?
- Please bring whatever you would like to eat and drink, along with any medications you may need, please let us know of any medical problems prior to departure. To maximize your fishing space, we provide coolers for your food and drinks. You should also bring along a hat, sunglasses, non-slip/ non-marking shoes and rub on sunscreen…please no spray on before getting on the boat or while aboard. We are not responsible for any lost or broken items.
- The night before a trip, some anglers choose to take an over-the-counter motion sickness medication. Some people prefer to use the patch behind the ear, and others prefer to use wristbands. This is your trip and we want you to have a great experience…if you wish, we can end the day early and return to the dock at any time.
What happens to my deposit money if we can’t go because of poor weather conditions?
- If the captain cancels your trip due to weather or sea conditions, your deposit will be refunded in full.
Please contact Capt. Mark with any questions or to book your Oak Island charter fishing trip today!
Call or text 910-742-0296 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.