Fishing Trip FAQ’s & Information
The Angry Pelican departs daily from Southport Marina, 606 W. West St. Southport, North Carolina.
All gear, Ice, Bait, and Tackle are included in rates.
A deposit is required to book your trip. For weather related postponements, we will make every effort to reschedule your trip, or refund your deposit in full.
Can we be picked up directly from Bald Head Island?
- Yes, we will pick your group up at the dock in front of the Marina Office. There is a a surcharge for this service due to the additional dock fee charged by BHI.
Do I need a fishing license?
- No, charter fishing trip is covered by a blanket license.
Do we accept Credit Cards?
- Not directly…we gladly accept deposit payments via PayPal. The balance for your trip is due the day of in cash. Please note if you choose to pay the remaining balance with a credit card via PayPal, there will be an additional 3.5% fee.
What should I bring aboard?
- Please bring whatever you would like to eat and drink, along with any medications you may need, please let us know of any medical problems prior to departure. To maximize your fishing space, we provide coolers for your food and drinks. You should also bring along a hat, sunglasses, non-slip/ non-marking shoes and rub on sunscreen…please no spray on before getting on the boat or while aboard. We are not responsible for any lost or broken items.
- Due to damage from the Hurricane to Southport Marina we can no longer clean fish at our dock. Please bring a cooler to take your catch home in. The Tackle Box located at 8210 River Rd. in Southport provides cleaning services and can also ship your catch home for you.
What happens to my deposit money if we can’t go because of poor weather conditions?
- If the captain cancels your trip due to weather or sea conditions, your deposit will be refunded in full.
Please contact Capt. Mark with any questions or to book your Oak Island charter fishing trip today!
Call or text 910-742-0296 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.